Exhaust manifold replacement

seanton

Hello everyone,

I'd like to change my exhaust manifold on my 2.4l Journey. Current one has a nice crack in it, I tried to fix it with a jb-weld type product which only lasted about 300 miles....

I can't seem to find any how-to's or diagrams on how to do this. The service manual came up empty. Is it as simple as removing the entire exhaust then taking out the manifold? I'm a bit confused because on rock auto they recommend replacing motor mounts when changing an exhaust manifold which makes me think I might have to take the engine out (I hope not!).

Has anybody here every done this repair themselves?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

i recently did the head gasket on my 2.4. and i had to remove the head from the block with the exhaust manifold still bolted up.. trying to get the manifold off with the head on the block is very difficult. i tried prying on it and wouldnt budge, you dont have to remove the engine, but i took off the rubber bushing on the exhaust hangar about midway of the vehicle and was able to give me enough room to remove the catalytic converter from the manifold. dont forget there is a bracket holding the manifold to the lower block. you might be able to remove the manifold from the head, goodluck if you havent done this already, i know its 2 months to late.

• 4 weeks later...