power steering question

Hi , new to forum , so , im up in canada ...my 2012 has the power steering leak , already had the recall in 2016 ... i read somewhere there was an updated return hose , but i cant find a part number , i did a search on here and only found a thread on changing the brake fluid to a full syn fluid ... has anyone in the more fridgid climates had an upgraded hose ? or because 8 months of the year is cold , how about deleting the cooler as it appears to be a weak link .... any ideas ? 

Actually rockauto sells lots of oem stuff from Mopar, Ford , AC Delco etc.

The return hose with the oil cooler fin section is on their site. Mopar part shows two different numbers listed for part they are selling.  Not sure if it’s new part or not. Several other after market vendors like Gates on there as  well.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2014,journey,3.6l+v6,3300354,steering,power+steering+return+hose,7324

My 2014 hose was changed in 2018 at 123kms by dealer no charge.

I would approach them about changing it under recall again, worth a try.

Go to Transport Canada government site and report second failure if they don’t replace it.

Princess Auto does custom hydraulic work I believe. If you bring them old one they might be able to come up with something.

Edited by John/Horace

cheers guys , the dealer said no to a new hose again , it had the recall done already in 2016 ... i asked the dealer what upgraded part they use , he told me they just use the factory part , so i said "well that part will fail again wont it ? " and he said yes ...... what a friggin joke , have ordered the hoses from rock auto , high pressure and low pressure return as bot appear to be leaking , also can just see the pump has a small leak as well .. but that looks harder than hell to replace , also the tans cooler lines  are leaking as well ... though not so important .