Oil change after only 2400 miles?

kwirges

The computer is set from the factory to advise the first oil change early, due to break in. After that my average is about 4100 miles. We Have little over 13k on the clock now. But we have owned ours since June 08. I realize times have changed and allows for longer service lifes, etc. But I just have had it ingrained in my brain since I learned to do my first oil change years ago every 3000 miles. I have waited out on the Journey for the computer to tell me, but I wouldn't go past 4500 without having to change it based on my own mindset LOL.

• 6 months later...
I'm at 5300 miles and still not oil change warning. Anyone make it that far and not see the warning? Should I be worried?

I took mine in at 3000 and they told me not to change the oil till the system told me. We made a trip to Florida and back on it and got to 5800 miles before it notified me. I asked at the plant and they indicate that the new sensors they have in place for this really work well in knowing when the changes need to happen.

I took mine in at 3000 and they told me not to change the oil till the system told me. We made a trip to Florida and back on it and got to 5800 miles before it notified me. I asked at the plant and they indicate that the new sensors they have in place for this really work well in knowing when the changes need to happen.

First oil change was at 3200 miles.

Second was at 9000 (they changed the interval for Synthetic Oil at the dealer)

I am at 14000 miles and have yet to have the indicator come on, but that might be beacuse i changed the oil myself before a long trip i took in september.

• 1 month later...