Blower…

2018 dodge journey gt 3.6 6 cylinder.

Front of vehicle, blower works on every setting (still weaker than when it worked proper) except maybe half power on highest setting. Replaced blower and still same issue, this vehicle does not have a resistor equipped on the front of the vehicle. Replaced blower and resistor on back of vehicle and works fine. This is a 3 zone climate control hvac unit. Fuses and relays all check out. I have not removed and applied voltage to the relay outside of the fuse box to check if switch is operating properly inside of relay but if it was bad I’d like to think blower wouldn’t blow at all.

Update on this. Still having the same issue however I recently purchased an obd 2 scanner and found u1190-00 + b1107-12. I replaced the sensors with ones off Amazon but still showing codes after cleared. Read on a different forum that not using mopar parts is the issue, so I will return and purchase oem and hope this will solve the issue

purchased humidity sensor from dealer and eliminated the u119-00 but they did not have the cabin air temp sensor in stock so need to wait for it. found it interesting that both cabin temp sensors (mopar and amazon) activate the "fan" on the sensor itself as soon as vehicle is powered on even without the hvac system on. it is used for the auto hvac setting and would like to think it would only turn on when this setting is engaged. the code states that there is a short b/w the sensor and the battery, this sensor as well as the sun sensor plug into the a/c and heater module then go on from there, so thinking that either its the sensor itself since either the mopar one is fried and amazon won't cut it, there is a short b/w the sensor and hvac module (because the sun sensor is operating normally) or the module itself has a short internally. when the auto setting is engaged the front hvac system cuts almost completely off with little to no air blowing whatsoever. will update when i can figure more out......

On 7/25/2024 at 7:05 PM, Dean H said:

FYI,

If your cabin filter is plugged up.

Then you should check your engine air filter.

It will be plugged up to.

Mine was.

i have replaced both just when doing random maintenance on the vehicle. cabin filter definitely needed replaced and put the hepa one in. i removed new filter while the blower was engaged and could definitely tell a difference when it was removed, now makes me think the hepa filter may be causing equipment to be overworked and cause it to fail sooner ultimately causing more harm than good. 

For my cabin filter. I went low buck. 

HOME HVAC 

Natural Aire - Cut-To-Fit filter. 

20" X 30" X 1" thick.

Green one.

Under $10.00 at Walmart.

I should be able to get 8 or 9

filters out of it.

It's more free flowing than a paper filter type.

Works great.

I just bought a K-N cabin air filter yrs ago, just pull it out wash it rinse it off let it dry a bit spray it with some air freshener then reinstall it and I do it twice a yr. saved me a bunch as well as the K-N air filter for the eng which I bought for my 2011 journey  ( 70K)and then transferred it to my 2014 (presently 162 K) I clean and recoil it every oil change which is around every 6k or around 2 times a yr

12 hours ago, 2late4u said:

I just bought a K-N cabin air filter yrs ago, just pull it out wash it rinse it off let it dry a bit spray it with some air freshener then reinstall it and I do it twice a yr. saved me a bunch as well as the K-N air filter for the eng which I bought for my 2011 journey  ( 70K)and then transferred it to my 2014 (presently 162 K) I clean and recoil it every oil change which is around every 6k or around 2 times a yr

I will definitely be getting one the next time around. Thank you for the info