programming key fob 2018+ keyless enter-n-go

just wanted to throw this out here for anyone wanting to program there own fob. purchased the obdlinkmx+ , a FCA SGW bypass cable and key fob off amazon. plugged the cable to the SGW located in the lower part of the rear driver side door behind the panel. used jscan to pull pin and program fob. jscan has a how to on their website to follow.

the dealer most likely will not give you the pin you need and will either tell you to have it done there or like they told me to go to an outside locksmith. ive heard of people using "chrysler pin puller" but it only works for android. i originally purchased the thinkdiag2 obd2 scanner but was put off immediately due to having to purchase a login for $50 through autoauth and then another sub through FCA for $150 just to bypass the SGW even when i was already bypassed. thinkdiag sub also has to be maintained yearly and idk how much that costs but not worth it to me.  i did have to purchase the "vin license" through jscan for $20(you need one for each vehicle you wish to use the app on) but that lasts as long as i have my vehicle, obdlink also has NO yearly sub which is another plus. alfaobd is another good one that cost $50 upfront but its a one time fee and can use on as many vehicles as you wish. so for roughly $200 upfront all in you can program fobs for FCA vehicles. dealer charge almost double that for one. 

• 2 months later...

I hope you're still around and that you can offer help or suggestions.

I have a 2018 Crossroad AWD with the 3.6L engine. I bought the OBDLinkMX+ and alfaOBD for android and have that installed on my phone, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I keep getting an error when I try to get my PIN from the RFH. I bought 2 different bypasses. One off of amazon, though it is a no name brand, Exctool. It's has 2 pig tails on it for the 12-pin and 8- pin plugs with a port on the other end for the OBDLink.  When that didn't work, I bought the ZAutomotive Gateway Bypass Module that alfaOBD has on their web site. I still keep getting errors when I try to read the PIN. If I disconnect then reconnect and quickly go back to the read pin page, I get 2 pins, neither of which work. One come up, then quickly changes to the other. 

I'm at my wits end and feel like I'm just throwing money at it in hopes that it works. By the time I'm done, might as well have just paid the dealer, or so it feels. Does Jscan work better than alfaOBD?

Anything you can come up with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

AlfaOBD rocks, what is the error code you are getting, and what steps are you taking ? 

(I've successfully used the generic 12+8 on my journey)

Post a screenshots of the error 

Edited by diymirage

Thank you for responding. I attach the OBDLinkMX+, open AlfaOBD. Under Select Car Model I choose Dodge Journey (JC). Under Select Function I choose Radio Frequency Hub (RFH). From Select Control Unit I choose Radio Frequency HUB MY2011+ PowerNet. Then I connect. That all works fine. I then hit the "Hood Up" button, select Read PIN under Select Procedure to Start and I get the  Failed messages in the images below.

First I tried the generic 12+8 bypass and that didn't work. Then I ordered the bypass module from ZAutomotive, as linked on AlfaOBD's home page. I tried that today and got the same messages.

If I leave the Read PIN page up, hit the "Key" button at the bottom of AlfaOBD to go back to the connect page, disconnect then immediately reconnect and while it's reconnecting hit the "Hood Up" button, I get 2 PINs. First it shows a PIN that is 4 numbers, then it quickly changes to a PIN that has 2 numbers, a letter, then another number. If I try those PINs to program a key fob I get similar Failed messages.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_20241010_111054_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20241009_124902_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20241010_111836_AlfaOBD.jpg