Oil cooler housing + Baxter adapter

Was doing maintenance on the dj for the wifey and while changing rear spark plugs I looked down and saw the dreaded oil and coolant mix hanging out in the v below the oil cooler/filter housing. Decided to upgrade the whole unit to the doorman aluminum housing with the Baxter filter adapter. So far so good. Just make sure everything on the new housing is torqued good I.e. the plugs and sensors and use some high temp thread sealant (I learnt the hard way 🤦🏻). I do like the Baxter adapter, my thinking is it will just make life easier in the long run and hopefully keep me from having to replace camshafts, rocker arms and lifters for as long as possible. 

id like to do the crossover pipe and thermostat housing next

IMG_3583.jpeg

5 hours ago, Itswiggs said:

Was doing maintenance on the dj for the wifey and while changing rear spark plugs I looked down and saw the dreaded oil and coolant mix hanging out in the v below the oil cooler/filter housing. Decided to upgrade the whole unit to the doorman aluminum housing with the Baxter filter adapter. So far so good. Just make sure everything on the new housing is torqued good I.e. the plugs and sensors and use some high temp thread sealant (I learnt the hard way 🤦🏻). I do like the Baxter adapter, my thinking is it will just make life easier in the long run and hopefully keep me from having to replace camshafts, rocker arms and lifters for as long as possible. 

id like to do the crossover pipe and thermostat housing next

IMG_3583.jpeg

I was reading up on that oil filter but doesn't  it have a certain  way/or delay to start the journey each time to pressure the unit with oil?

The adapter has a check valve in it that holds oil on the top side of the engine, so no dry starts. That’s Baxter’s theory behind it anyway. I figured since I’m going to keep this vehicle I want to do everything I can to make it last as long as I can.