Rapid sounding rattle when accelerating through 2500 rpm

I have a 2016 RT with the 3.6. If I step on the gas off of a light, i will hear a faint metallic rattle that is very fast in sound occur as the vehicle gets to around 2100 and stops by 2500 rpm as the vehicle shifts. 

if I lightly step on the gas and slowly accelerate to a gear change, no noise will happen, but only on more average to aggressive accelerations.

In Neutral or park, I will hear this sound if I aggressively step on the gas and the RPM passes through 2500-2700rpm, but will not happen if I slowly press the gas and accelerate beyond 3000rpm. 

I’m trying to find out what is making this sound. I know I have a loose heat shield that makes a dinging sound while moving forward (verified it, just need to retighten it). But this sounds a little different. ** I can try to get a video of the sound if this would help identify the problem.

Edited by tdottrucker

Milage on car. Any recent work completed? Could be anything spinning on the engine. Remove surpentine belt and only for a min or two (water pump won’t be running) run the engine and listen for the sound. Report back.

Engine stethoscope are about $10 at Princess Auto/Harbour Freight. Very good for trouble shooting noises.