10 years, 130,000km (80,000 Miles) and still going strong

gazjoureny

Hi all,

Been awhile since I have posted.

I brought my JC R/T 2014 journey brand new in August 2014. Ten years later and 130,000km (where has the time gone) and the Journey still puts a smile on my dial :).

Apart from Oil & filter & brake fluid changes the only money (AUD $) I have spent on the Journey in 10 years is

$189 New battery ( That was fun to change LOL)

$60 4 new Tyre pressure sensors

$62 new rear view camera.

It still has the original brake pads all round with about 30% meat left on them. Around town I get 11 Litres per 100km. On the highway 8.4.

Here is a review I posted on an Australian car website 2 years ago and all my comment still stand.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/owner-reviews/2014-dodge-journey-owner-review

It just a shame Dodge didn't decide to continue and update the Dodge Journey. But the way mine is going I don't think I will be thinking about replacing it for at least another 10 years.  :)

Enjoys the Journey all

Gaz

11 hours ago, gazjoureny said:

Hi all,

Been awhile since I have posted.

I brought my JC R/T 2014 journey brand new in August 2014. Ten years later and 130,000km (where has the time gone) and the Journey still puts a smile on my dial :).

Apart from Oil & filter & brake fluid changes the only money (AUD $) I have spent on the Journey in 10 years is

$189 New battery ( That was fun to change LOL)

$60 4 new Tyre pressure sensors

$62 new rear view camera.

It still has the original brake pads all round with about 30% meat left on them. Around town I get 11 Litres per 100km. On the highway 8.4.

Here is a review I posted on an Australian car website 2 years ago and all my comment still stand.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/owner-reviews/2014-dodge-journey-owner-review

It just a shame Dodge didn't decide to continue and update the Dodge Journey. But the way mine is going I don't think I will be thinking about replacing it for at least another 10 years.  :)

Enjoys the Journey all

Gaz

have a 2014 crossroad 3.6 , 164 k on it I purchased the lifetime Mopar warranty on it as well,,,,repaired have been an oil pressure sending unit,left front tpm,rear camera unit replaced, oil cooler/filter unit,and next week they are replacing my ABS module that came up with the code c2200-49 internal failure, also just remembered I replaced the rear upper lateral links with adjustable ones so the 4 wheel alinement could be adjusted I avg around 18-19 in the city I drive real easy and around 24-26 on the interstate when on trips...I agree doing away with the Journey was a BIG mistake,,,

6 hours ago, diymirage said:

What is 11/100 in the real world ? 

We have only done city driving with the journey (using it as a family hauler) and we average 17.5 mpg

Google says ........

• 11 Liters per 100 km = 21.38 U.S. MPG

20 hours ago, yyz said:

Glad you're happy, so am I with my 2013 just turned 111000 km.. The only thing I don't get is how you get 11 L/100km in the city with the 3.6L

he probally isn't or there is only one light...LOL I get between 18-19 and we only have 3 lights and I drive like an old man...OH wait I am an old man

Edited by 2late4u

15 hours ago, John/Horace said:
On 9/28/2024 at 10:37 AM, diymirage said:

Very good for city driving imo. Maybe Aussie model RT with the 3.6 is actually 2 wheel drive. 

Or more likely he has one of those efficient European diesels with a better ZF automatic transmission. 

Surely they wouldnt put a diesel in an R/T ? 

Ive had diesels and they are pigs, even my last one, and that one was studded, EGR deleted, chipped, the works 

3.6  Penstar rear wheel drive.  With the draconian speed limits and policing here in Australia you can be fined $300+ for doing 102km/h in  a 100km/h zone. I don't drive it like I stole it LOL.

44 minutes ago, gazjoureny said:

3.6  Penstar rear wheel drive.  With the draconian speed limits and policing here in Australia you can be fined $300+ for doing 102km/h in  a 100km/h zone. I don't drive it like I stole it LOL.

62.137 mph,,,wow that is some strict speed limits

On 10/7/2024 at 8:28 PM, gazjoureny said:

I grew up in the Netherlands 

If the catch you going more than 50 km/h over the speedlight they take your license 

I got clocked going 48 over several times 🤣

Here in the US the fines aren't high at all, but each ticket adds a certain number of points to your license, which the insurance rate is based on, so a 120 dollar ticket can end up costing thousands of dollars over the next 3-5 years