Krosker

Krosker

With the tin cap missing the base lug nut becomes an 18mm socket size. IF it's as bad as you say, go to Harbor Freight and get a metric impact deep socket set and HAMMER a 17mm onto the bad lugnut. It won't be an easy job of drilling it out and will most assuredly mar the rim. and be prepared for some "work to get the nut out of the socket afterwards. GOOD LUCK!

IF you have to drill start with a small drill bit and then work your way up, and spend the money and get the good drill bits as well.............if the nut is already stripped or lug,, drilling will be your only way

Edited by 2late4u

IF the nut is stripped than the lug is bad as well, IF the nut is just rounded off then the lug MIGHT still be good ,it all depends on what it is as his description of the nut says its stripped...and to be honest replacing a bad lug is not that hard but getting the nut off it is the main problem without destroying the rim... I replaced 40 of them on my grandsons Toyota G R 86 only took us around 60 minutes to take them out and put in the new stronger ones

Edited by 2late4u

If the nut is stripped, I'd expect it to fall off 

I must admit, I haven't replaced lugs on a journey yet, but I have on a few different vehicles 

I've done it on a Bronco and it was a breeze, but ice also done it on a duster and that required the axels fo come out in the back, and the hubs to come off on the front 

The easiest ever was a vw...it used lugbolts :clapping:

Weather or not this can be done without damage to the wheel also depends on the wheel 

Steel wheels allow way more access then alloys 

Edited by diymirage

Seized nuts don’t fall off. A stripped nut with damaged threads I would think cant be torqued properly. But even with four nuts holding, can still drive for repairs.

Seized nuts can be removed with a special knurled socket designed for that. Harbour Freight/ Princess Auto sell this this type of thing. Better than wrecking a good socket with a hammer. If search on site worked properly you could look this up, I’ve posted it before.image.thumb.jpg.b2114d73e0c0e150b7c4b8031a6e440e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.910c21865b8daf6631624e495d3231d3.jpg