Programming?

redtomatoman

I'm interested in tapping into the potential of the 3.6L Pentastar. What are peoples feeling regarding programming, Dyno Tuning, superchips and those sorts of ECM performance mods? I don't even really know the difference, honestly. I'm interested in modest gains in MPG, HP, and throttle response. The challenger 3.6 Pentastar puts out 305 HP. I'm assuming that difference is due to a combo of air intake and ECM changes to that engine because the heart and soul of that car is the same as our mild mannered Journey. I don't normally drive fast, but when I want to or need to, I'd appreciate just a touch more giddy up.

Peace.

Honestly - the main reason is marketing. They've been marketing motors like this for decades. Of course the 3.6 is capable of 300+ hp in every model. But its all about selling model lines. You derate the engine hp in your "economy" or "base" models (Caravan, Journey etc), and retune for more hp up the model line...292 hp in Jeep Grand Cherokee, 305 hp in 300 and Challenger etc etc.