unusal post for this forum

Jim8208

By reading some of these posts here a person would be led to believe the Journey is the worst rattletrap vehicle ever made. I bought a new 2010 a couple of years ago and I guess I'm in the minority here. I find the Journey to be a very good vehicle and I haven't had a minutes trouble out of it. NOTHING has gone wrong in 30,000 miles. I love my Journey and don't regret my purchase at all. I have ZERO affiliation with Dodge.

I think most of us regular posters here love our Journeys as well. I am very happy with my 2011 Crew.

It bugs me when people post crap like "it's the worst vehicle ever" or "don't ever buy a Journey". EVERY vehicle/manufacturer has their share of problems.

Hitting 100,000km this week and all is well. Rides like the day it was driven off the lot in October 2008. Body in excellent shape, brakes redone (off course !!!) No lights burned out yet, still getting great mileage, all electronics work as designed (NAV system REU), I did have to replace the rear wiper blade yesterday though ( I thought they lasted a lifetime :hysterical: ) Serviced every 5-8,000 mms depending on driving habits. I do tow a 3200 lb trailer often as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Drb277- You are correct Every vehicle/ manufacturer has their problems. However its How the Manufacturer deals with those problems that form my opinion. IMHO The Chrysler Corp is way behind in customer satisfction Compared to say Ford or Mazda. 2 Companys that the company i work for deal with right up the ladder. Chrysler CCR is non existiant and im glad you all enjoy your vehicles and pray that nothing ever goes wrong with your Journeys. Because if you end up with the problems I have had on a brand new Journey then expect Chrysler to do the right thing.... Good luck finding someone above the dealership lever who gives a crap. 3 years until they need another bail out.

They would much rather have you take them to CAMVAP where on their website you'll see how embarrasing it is that they have the highest number of claims against them as well as the highest number of buy backs forced upon them. I had a brand new 2008 wrangler sahara 4 door and it was amazing. The Journey when working is a great vehicle for the price. Just pray you never have a major problem or you're screwed.

Hey "BUGS" can you fill me in a little on how the Journey tows?

Do you have/use the Autostick for towing?

I getting my hitch installed on Dec 29 at the dealer on my new 2012 R/T

You don't have the 3.6 penstar....What is your H.P rating on the 2009?

Thanks.........Caper............. I will be towing a 8 1/2 foot wide snowmobile trailer with two full size Polaris sportsman ATV'S (app. 740 lbs each plus the trailer weight)

Hey "BUGS" can you fill me in a little on how the Journey tows?
I'm not bugs but here is my take on this. IMO it tows very well, my car came with the trailer towing package on it, I had the hitch installed by the dealer. So far I have towed my 17' tri hull boat and a small utility trailer. I do have the Autostick but have not used it much whan towing, I have the 3.5 liter engine in my car. terry Edited by Windancer