Tires

Brandi McPeak

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Journey -- until now that is....

Did you have to put the most rare tires on the thing? 225 55 19's are not easy to come by AND they are $300-$400 a pop!! That's just CRAZY!! I'm going to have park my beloved Journey until I will the lottery!

PS it's 2.5 years old with 60,000 miles....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Journey -- until now that is.... Did you have to put the most rare tires on the thing? 225 55 19's are not easy to come by AND they are $300-$400 a pop!! That's just CRAZY!! I'm going to have park my beloved Journey until I will the lottery! PS it's 2.5 years old with 60,000 miles....
well at least you got good mileage out of them and yes you can go to different size tires that are close to your size go to a good tire store to check what they would suggest and then check with a different store to see what the suggest just to be sure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2011 Journey Mainstreet with 30K and the original P225/65 R17 Kumho Solus tires. In Minnesota with our sometimes infamous winters so I'm looking to replace these later this year. I'm looking for a better all season tire than the Kumhos. Anyone with any suggestions or experiences? Also if anyone has plus sized replacement tires and if it's worth it.

I have a 2010 SXT and I just put Michelin Defenders on mine was really impressed with the ride and the handling. Also Michelin has a 90,000 mile tread wear warranty on these tires. Just replaced the original Kumho's myself. Michelin also gives you a 3 year tire change assistance,or free towing up to 150 miles free with a set of 4 tires... and a 30 day try out of these tires and if you don't like them they will replace them...Bought mine at Discount Tires./Americas Tires.

Journey1 Thanks

Did you replace with the same size tire or plus size? A friend suggested 235/65-17 to get a better footprint. Unsure if changing OE tire size would affect other systems like AWD etc.

I've seen the Michelin Defenders and the 90K warranty is something to consider along with their reputation.