Rear cargo Floor Mat

caperinmuskoka

How many of you bought the rear cargo floor mat that you can carry items that may leak, ex. wine/beer bottles(returns), earth/soil....plants...you know what I mean......

my question is how many different types are there....Husky, Factory Dodge.(are they the same)......which one fits better........Any info will help my choice would be great.....Thanks.....Caper.......

Caper

I bought a Weather Tech mat for the back of my car, so far it hasn't been necessary, thankfully, but I do like the thought it's there. It seems to fit quite well. Overall I am very happy with both the rear mat and the front mats.

Terry

Thanks for your input...Did you get them on-line?

Hope it helped some, IMO they are a good idea. I bought mine from a truck outfitter in town here. I Have the black ones, I should go out and take some photos as there have been a couple of people who were interested.

Terry

I know it's not the perfect solution but I wasn't ready to pay $100+ for a cargo liner and I often put golf equipment in the back so I needed something to protect the carpet from wet grass and dirt. I simply bought this 3'x5' vinyl mat from Canadian Tire and cut it to size. There's a small portion (4-5 inches) of carpet that it doesn't cover up near the seats since it's only 5' wide but other than that it does a really good job for now. I suppose you could simply overlap with an extra peice of vinyl but I find 5' is deep enough for my use. I think it actually looks pretty good for $15 haha!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/HomeDecor/Mats/PRD~0687612P/Black+Vinyl+Mat%2C+3x5-ft..jsp?locale=en

I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in this.

Cheers!

It does tend to move a little bit (couple inches) towards the seats after a few times since I tend to slide stuff on there but I find it doesn't really move around at all on its own which is good. I just have to pull it back towards me once in a while so it covers up all the way to the edge. Velcro could very well solve the problem but I think it would be best to cut the mat wider so it curls up on the sides a bit. Then you can stick the velcro on the plastic so it doesn't damage the carpet. Great idea! I'll have to look into that!

Another thing I like with this solution is that the mat is so thin it doesn't get in the way of the storage bin underneath. The mat just flexes when you lift up the panel. Velcro on the sides may cause a problem with this though...there's gotta be a solution that works...

Edited by Dre

Another thing I like with this solution is that the mat is so thin it doesn't get in the way of the storage bin underneath. The mat just flexes when you lift up the panel. Velcro on the sides may cause a problem with this though...there's gotta be a solution that works...

I must say I like that idea.

Terry

That's no good for any liquid spills.......I need a rear mat that has a lip around the outside to catch any liquid............Caper.............

While a great solution for the everyday problems, there is no doubt that Dre's solution would not be good for Caper's problem. I will try to get you some photos Caper when I get home tonight.

Terry

That's no good for any liquid spills.......I need a rear mat that has a lip around the outside to catch any liquid............Caper.............

Yes, you are right. It does work for small spills since it has grooves running from side to side and I cut the mat a bit wider than the cargo area so it curls up a bit on each side but for big spills you almost have no other choice but to open your wallet and get something like the Husky Liner or WeatherTech mats.