Dodge Journey - 1 month impressions.

Psyke

• 1 month later...
Psyke,

I too traded in my Caliber (a leased 07 SXT that was totally problem free) for my 2011 Crew and couldn't be happier.

I agree with all your likes.

Fuel econ - yup, it's a big V6. I usually get around 12-13 in town and have gotten as low as 7.8 on the highway.

Slow downshifting - More manufacturers are doing this now - just have to read auto review sites to see that. Supposed to help fuel economy but I totally agree - needs to be quicker to downshift.

I have no issue with the visibility or the steering wheel controls.

The 19" tire issue is just stupid on Chrysler's part. Why make a tire that only 1 manufacture makes and it's a shitty tire to begin with. I find they are not very smooth at all and can't wait to change them. I'm going to get the 235/55R19 Toyo Versado soon.

Sound system is probably my biggest disappointment. I too had the Music Gate sound system in my Caliber and that totally blows the system in the Journey out of the water. There is NO comparison!

I use the parking brake every day and have never accidentally popped the hood.

I'll add 1 item to your "like to have" - a power hatch!

Let my start by saying that I found this particular thread to be a very interesting read. I too am going to be moving from a Caliber to a Journey (it's ordered... don't have a build date yet and my dealer is kind of slow to respond to email/inquiries).

I would have loved the diesel option to be available in the NA market, but as with so many others models we can't seem to expect that to happen.

Any of the original posters investigate steel rims for winter tires? I've seen the issue brought up elsewhere on the forum but I'm interested to hear more. Can't really complain or add anything to the wants list since I don't have my Journey yet, but in theory I agree with most of the list. Except for the desire for the unlock/lock to be in the center, that just seems backwards to me. That's just me though, to each their own.

Cheers.

There are numerous post on this forum with regard to steelies

for the DJ some even provide the part #'s from Costco and Cantire.

I drove a '07 Caliber SXT for 5yrs before moving to the DJ and the

two things I miss most are the sportier drive/handling and the CVT.

The DJ rides like your on a cloud and is dead quiet tho and that is

a plus as far as I'm concerned.