3.5 L v6 engine problem

We have a 2010 dodge journey sxt fwd. it has 25000 km on it and has been in the shop now for almost 2 weeks. They have to replace All 6 cylinders in the engine cause the engine keeps misfiring and wants to stall. This vehicle has a 84 month 160 000 km warranty. If this is happening now I can't begin to imagine what else is going to happen. Not to mention the whole brake issue

• 1 month later...

I have had my 2012 journey for about 3 months now. I bought it used. From the very beginning i noticed things that didn't seem quite right with it. I took it back to the dealer and they really gave me an attitude saying that there was nothing wrong. I went back home and continued to drive my car but still noticed something was not quite right. Eventually the engine light came on and i took it back to the dealer. They said that number 6 cylinder was miss firing, but all it needed was a computer upgrade. They did the upgrade or so they said. About one week later the engine light came back on again. I took it back and they said number 6 cylinder was miss firing. They went into the motor and said that number 6 cylinder was indeed bad and they would have to fix it and the head would have to be replaced. The car has only 36000 miles on it and i have had problems with it from the beginning. Now i am afraid that it is going to be nothing but trouble. I am considering trading it for something besides a dodge.

The car has only 36000 miles on it

ONLY? that's not the right word. The car has a ton of miles for a '12.

I concur, there was a bad run of heads on the 3.6s. However, it effected '11 year cars.

If it in fact is a '12 with 36,000 miles on it. The previous owner drove the hell out of it.

I hope you got the extended warranty.

Good luck though.