Transmission Filter Change

Swerv

My old man is an Amsoil dealer and I just picked up engine oil and transmission oil. I usually have a guy do my engine oil... It's a shell gas station with a service hub and although some people have their opinions on these places... The dude has always taken care of me and i have never had a problem.

What is bothering me is i went to purchase a replacement transmission fluid filter and it seems a bit more complex than just changing the oil and oil filter. This mechanic has been doing this stuff for a while so i dont think he couldnt do it but i was just wondering if i should take it to the dealer or an exclusive transmission place?

Again i already have the fluid and filters but when my mom did her amsoil swap they charged her 200 just to change the fluid and filters :/

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have a 2010 SXT with the 3.5 v6. I recently did a spark plug change that required the removal of the air intake that I performed myself easily. I have seen a dip stick tube that is capped for the transmission stating dealer service only in order for the mechanics to fill or check the fluid level. I would like to know if anyone has dropped the transmission pan and have this the fluid and filter change themselves. I would like to do the job myself considering I've done this before with my 2001 Caravan and my 1994 Spirit. Wondering how you may have gone about this?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...