EGR Sensor replacement?

19InBlkJrny

Took my 2009 R/T (3.5 V6) in to see about a few things and the check engine light reported an issue with the EGR sensor. I've found talk about the EGR valve and how it sometimes sticks and throws the light, but is there a difference? Also if I choose to replace the EGR valve assembly myself is there anything that has to be done with the computer? Flash? Firmware? or anything else that might require the dealership to perform the work?? Thanks guys and gals in advance for your help.

Omar

• 2 months later...

why post here without doing a little checking things out first... google 2009 egr valve and if you have a code type that in it will bring up all kinds of info and even has a u tube video showing how to replace it. you may have to check into what engine you have and an other good place to start is your local parts store most will show you the part and or where it is located and i believe auto zone has instructions on how to replace it and if you need certin tools some places will loan them with a deposit of course to make sure you bring them back... but try to google it first i have been able to fix alot of things by doing this first GOOD LUCK

• 3 weeks later...

My 2010 SXT had a check engine light come up. I turn the key on and off 3 times and the trouble code showed up on the odometer as P0406. I googled it and it's saying its an EGR signal code. My friend Carl who works at the local Chrysler dealer told me to go get the part at NAPA and change it myself. All I had to do was remove the top air filter assembly and the intake tube to the throttle body. This allowed me more room to get to the valve. Only tools I needed to remove it was a 10mm and 8mm socket wrenches. I removed the exhaust tube from the old valve with a 5/16th wrench and installed it on the new valve. All bolts removed were coated with anti-seize compound for re-assembly. I put everything back together and it was working great. I should mention that I disconnected the battery before starting the work and reconnected after I was done. Doing so ensures that the trouble code is reset from the engine computer.