Bigger tires on Journey?

sharno

hello everyone, I have a 2012 dodge journey sxt and i would like to upgrade the wheels/tires to something a little more rugged and off road looking (trying to make it a little more manly LOL) i have some questions regarding my choices, I know the bolt pattern is 5 x 127 and the stock wheels are 17 but is it possible to go to a 16 inch wheel to get a bigger sidewall tire for that more rugged, off road look?

Also along the same lines, has anyone lifted their journey, by either body lift or suspension? I realize that there aren't many if any people who are going this route with their journeys, which makes it kinda cool for me if i can do it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

16" will work. I have 16" steelies from Tire Rack with fairly aggressive 225/70-16 tires for winter.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can go much bigger with the tires, but you could try. I think it will rub, though. It's really tight with mine.

As for lift kit... good luck. There aren't any specific kits out there, given it's a car-based SUV, and you'd probably have to piece one together part-by-part.

My guess is it would get prohibitively expensive and probably not worth it. I do think it would be cool, though.

If you do it, please let us know how you accomplished it... there are a few people that have asked about this on here.

hello everyone, I have a 2012 dodge journey sxt and i would like to upgrade the wheels/tires to something a little more rugged and off road looking (trying to make it a little more manly LOL) i have some questions regarding my choices, I know the bolt pattern is 5 x 127 and the stock wheels are 17 but is it possible to go to a 16 inch wheel to get a bigger sidewall tire for that more rugged, off road look?

If you have the $$$, why don't you put some 19's or 20's on with a Goodyear Wrangler or nice big off road tire?

• 10 years later...