All electronics shut off while driving

greenerob

About 4 months ago I was driving on the highway and everything in the car as far as the electronics just shut off for a second and turned back on. It was odd, but it never happened again until the other day, when it did the same thing. Since then at has happened once more.

What should I look for?

It is a 2009 Journey with 80K.

Stupid question: Were you driving over fairly bumpy/uneven road when this happened? My first instinct is to think a short might be the culprit, or a loose connection that is only losing connection when jostled loose.

Stupid question: Were you driving over fairly bumpy/uneven road when this happened? My first instinct is to think a short might be the culprit, or a loose connection that is only losing connection when jostled loose.

Unfortunately not. I was on the highway.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2010 had been doing this also - everything went out - air, radio, signals... I took it in and of course they couldn't replicate it, but they replaced something in the computer I think saying it MIGHTfix it. So far it has not done it again since. Knock on Wood!