Push-Bar for journey 2013

Hi ,all i'am looking to Buy a Push-bar ,and wondering where to buy it ,in canada or usa .

just had some one back up to my wife new Dodge Journey R/T rally 3coat red.,, 2013 Bumper and scratched the bumper so i said to my self OK' then ill do it!

and probobly do the same in the back..hitch...thanks to any one that can Help me find this..

Forgive me for my input, but push bars do nothing to "protect" your car. All they do is enlarge the dimensions of your car, put you 1 foot closer to impact, and the bars going under your car, are not as strong as most people assume. So if you get hit, the push bar is going to hit everything behind it.

Example, a small car hits you enough to push it back, you're grill, your hood, and your headlights are going to get pushed in. Instead or just your plastic bumper.

To each his own. If you like the look, go right ahead, but don't expect the protection that they seem to offer.

well, i must say that you are right, in a some how hard impact ,but what i thinking is just some sort of protection from some litle impact in parking lots ,she got bump by some one, very bad scratches,

while she was shoping, not inoff damage to claim insurence , and to mutch $ and the ((risk of diference in the colour match )),so idid just a litle tuch up paint on it. but if she get hit or she hit in some one hard in-off to bend the bull-bar to damage the hood and grills well the ther is a more damage Value ,worth to claim insurence company.and have an hirer rate on my renewing of ins..

I'am Just piss-off that people don't realy care! of others ...and take off ..in this nice Corrupted province of quebec,.

But May Be your right?

and thanks for info...

I really like the way those look, but I haven't seen a Journey with them on it yet. Most people that have them here in Alabama, just use the Journey as a commuter vehicle. I take mine on light trails a pretty good bit, but I haven't seen anyone else that even does that. I do have the V6 SXT AWD. I saw someone else talking about getting 16" "offroadish" rims, and putting slightly more aggressive tires on it, in order to have a more aggressive look. I've thought about doing that same thing, but the roads here in Birmingham are a big part of me wanting to do that. Lots of people get slightly bent rims here, because of the potholes in the city, and more sidewall on the tire would help keep that from happening.

• 7 months later...

ive found this listing on ebay and contacted the seller, he said it is for the journey although the picture in the ad shows a nitro. still debating on whether i should buy it or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-13-Dodge-Journey-Bull-Sport-Bar-Grill-Bumper-Guard-Stainless-BLACK-HORSE-/251371542462?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney&hash=item3a86e957be&vxp=mtr

I live out here in the sticks of South Central Pennsylvania... Don't see many of those on our vehicles. Didn't take long for most of us to learn that if you hit a deer without one, you might be out a headlight or grill, but, if you hit a deer with one of the those brush guards installed, you're out the entire front end.

It might save you from a nick or two, but, what happens if you actually get hit hard in an accident? As opposed to maybe a corner damaged, you'll be out the entire front end and it isn't too many years down the road that your new DJ will be totaled with that type of damage where it might be repairable (insurance wise) with less damage... Just a thought. Even when off roading in my Jeep (sadly gone) and my RAM 2500 CTD, I didn't/don't mount one. I'd rather do the paint work than major body work.

I do, however, think they look "cool", but, like the Escalade pickup truck, they are more the "urban cowboy" type of addition (IMHO).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the look but agree they will not protect much, but a lot of us add things like bug shields, mud flaps, etc. that now days don't do what they did back in the day. Bug shields are more decorative than functional yea they will keep chips off the edge of the hood but will not deflect a bug from hitting the windshield like they use to. Mud flaps art the same, and everyone wants a spoiler and on most cars they do nothing Its just an appearance thing different strokes for different folks. I could go on but you get the point. Just my opinion.

No spoilers for me, but, I did put the bug shield on. I do a lot of highway driving (even the two laner to town is 55mph) and all of my cars that didn't have the bug shields showed thousands of dings along the hood's edge. I'd rather the bug shield take the impact and when it gets really nasty looking, off it comes and a new one goes on as opposed to trying to get the leading edge or the whole hood painted and not have the paint match (I ran through 2 bug shields on my '96 Caravan and was working on a 3rd). You are correct that they do squat for the "bugs on the windshield", but, they do protect the hood from dings. As for the mud flaps...the same thing. Out here in the wilds, a lot of our roads are gravel. The don't do much for mud, but, they do slow the gravel down so that the rocker panels aren't all dinged up which helps control rust and we use salt in the worst of the snows down here. If you don't have a lot of gravel to deal with, I agree, they aren't as useful, but, for flying gravel and when they "chip and tar" our township roads, they do the job.