How many miles on your Pentastar???

Addicted to Dodge

The Pentastar is starting its 4th year in production. There was a lot of hype when Chrysler introduced it in 2011. I love my Journey, and the Pentastar seems to be great so far. But, the long term reliability is something that intrigues me. So I decided to see how many miles/kilometers people have gotten out of their Journeys with the Pentastar engine.

I currently have 23,600 miles/ 37,980 kilometers (I think I have the kilos right) on my 12' Journey. Kinda weak I know, but I don't drive my Journey everyday.

We took ownership of our 2013 SXT in December 2012 and already have 32,000 kilometres on it. This year we went on an extended Canada/U.S road trip of over 13,500 kilometres through all kinds of driving conditions and it performed flawlessly. The best vehicle I've ever owned so far.

I currently have 23,600 miles/ 37,980 kilometers (I think I have the kilos right) on my 12' Journey. Kinda weak I know, but I don't drive my Journey everyday.

Nice to hear, I only have 40,000 kms. on my 2010 as I don't put too many miles on my vehicle, even less now that I have a 2 seat convertible roadster for the summer months.

Terry

I beat you all so far...43k miles on my 2012. Bought it new in April 2012. I know, we drive a lot :).

Perfect vehicle so far...the only issue we've had with the drivetrain was the clunky transmission shift (that the new computer flash fixed), and the cylinder #2 misfire (known TSB to replace the cylinder head due to bad cooling).

Brought brand new and took ownership in March 2011......currently with 45,000 Km (27,960 miles) :) Being a Honda man for many years I thought I would never love this Dodge as much as my other cars but the road trip this summer has sparked a real love for this cars ride!!

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Only about 9800 miles on ours so far - and the engine behaves flawlessly, as has the rest of the vehicle. Zero problems to date. I have several customers driving Pentatstar Grand Cherokees for the last three years. Some of them are close to 80K miles. Except for the cam phaser issue, of which we've only had two - and a few cylinder heads which has been resolved - the engine itself has been extraordinary.

• 3 weeks later...

well i have just turned 60,000 miles on my 2011 and just put on some almost new tires, checked my rear pads and they look a little more than half wore out, front pads were changed out with new rotors at the dealership at about 27 k and the rotors were turned at 10k, plan on doing a front and back brake job this next spring,so far no other problems and still loving my journey.... p. s.had a rear back up cam addded to it about 2months ago every journey should come standard with them....

That sky high compare to my 2012 which has only 7380 kms. LOoking forward for a 3500 kms road trip next summer.. :-)

Me too Chris, 5,000 km trip to Florida & back coming up this summer. Hopefully your road trip will drop your fuel mileage L/100 KM drastically like mine did. Averaged a 7.8 by the time i got back.

That sky high compare to my 2012 which has only 7380 kms. LOoking forward for a 3500 kms road trip next summer.. :-)

You're in for a treat. We drove over 13,000 kilometres on our road trip earlier this year and the Journey was a dream on the highway. We were very happy with the mileage and the performance.

Me too Chris, 5,000 km trip to Florida & back coming up this summer. Hopefully your road trip will drop your fuel mileage L/100 KM drastically like mine did. Averaged a 7.8 by the time i got back.

I hope so... Honestly, for now the only gripe i have on my journey is fuelly economy.. And its 10 times worse during winter season here in saskatchewan... I always plug the block heater but until now mine is sitting at 23.8 L/100km.. Hmmnn,, well, not really a gripe but i wont be happier if i get decent fuel economy!