DTE always different ...

sexyRTboi

Quick odd question.

When I fill up my '12 R/T , everytime it reads back a different DTE ... sometimes it will read 690kms to Empty ... next fill up, 510kms to Empty so on and so on ..... the latest one yesterday, the read back was 410kms to Empty !!! ...... huh? what am I missing here? ... I always get gas from the same station, I always allow the tank to go down to about 80-90kms to Empty before filling (unless going on a long trip) ...... nothing in my routine has changed and it always costs relatively the same to fill

Does anyone else have this? or have any ideas why the read out is always different? ... btw, the read out, whatever it is when I fill, IS accurate!! .... my second last tank I only did get roughly 480kms out of it averaging 10.9 - 11.5 (95% highway driving with cruise)

--- this is getting costly ! lol

I think it may be because of differing driving habits. Earlier this year we went on an extended road trip and I noticed that the speed I was driving made a significant difference on the DTE. It seems to adapt to change rather quickly- windy conditions, hills, speed variations, idling and of course seasonal changes to fuel (winter versus summer). The DTE in our Journey is not very consistent as well, so I don't think your case is unusual.

The way the EVIC algorithm works with regards to DTE is that

it is based on the previous fillups L/100km.

If your L/100km is good then the DTE will reflect a higher figure.

Mine is generally 600 or better and after a long hiway trip I have

seen 710 DTE.

• Official Dodge Support

Quick odd question.

When I fill up my '12 R/T , everytime it reads back a different DTE ... sometimes it will read 690kms to Empty ... next fill up, 510kms to Empty so on and so on ..... the latest one yesterday, the read back was 410kms to Empty !!! ...... huh? what am I missing here? ... I always get gas from the same station, I always allow the tank to go down to about 80-90kms to Empty before filling (unless going on a long trip) ...... nothing in my routine has changed and it always costs relatively the same to fill

Does anyone else have this? or have any ideas why the read out is always different? ... btw, the read out, whatever it is when I fill, IS accurate!! .... my second last tank I only did get roughly 480kms out of it averaging 10.9 - 11.5 (95% highway driving with cruise)

--- this is getting costly ! lol

sexyRTboi,

This is a good question.

rolly basically nailed it on the head, the EVIC uses a long list of factors to determine the DTE and it's very unlikely you will see an identical reading each fill up.

You may see a decrease in fuel mileage this time of year based on the cold weather.