2011 battery dead

well the wife said our car wouldnt start,so went out and jumped it with my truck car started up and had the engine light on so took it down to advance auto and they said it was real low but read good to recharge but they rec. for me to change it, which i was wondering how much longer it was going to last as all my dodge vech. battery seam to die after 3yrs. so i went home jacked it up and removed the left tire and removed the plastic rivits with a screwdriver and pliers no problem then started (cussing dodge out)oh well then you loosen the battery tie down and then the pos. battery cable not to bad to get to,then the neg you have a elctric wire snap to undo and tuck out of the way, then the neg bolt to loosen is not the one you think it is, it is actual the little silver nut that is angling off to the right side of the connection, then tuck all your wires out of your way and i used a small flat bar to lift the battery up and out of the tray then pulled it out. then went inside my houseand to the computer and went to retailmenot.com and clicked on advance auto web site and got a $40. off code the went to advance auto web site and got their best batt $144.99 so tax and all about $110. paid for it then went and picked it up and put back into the car. one other note is the connection on the neg cable make sure you connect back up the connetor before tighting down you neg cable as it will turn tight agaisnt the battery box . also i noticed when i loosened the nuts on my cables they really almost loose and their was a little rust on the postive cable connector so as usual do i cleaned both the post and connectors real good and bought the corrension felt tabs that go on the battery post.also the engine light was gone after i started the car up. Maybe could have got away from changing tha battery after noticing the not real tight connetion but after this far decided to relpace the battery anyway.Not to bad on replacement of battery like any thing else kind of hard the first time 2nd time would be a breeze. sorry about no pics. as i i dont have a smart phone...good luck to others..........

I tried to keep it as short as possible.

LOL...not yours :lol:

yea but i did use a few commas and periods. lol

I did manage to see a few....I was actually going to edit it and add a few capitol letters so it would be easier to see the end of one sentence and the start of another, but....too much work. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would have checked the connections first and given it a good charge before flat out replacing the battery, but what's done is done. Good write up (even without the comma's.....).

FWIW - in general my batteries usually last 5-6 years even though it gets dreadfully hot and humid during the summer, The MoPar battery in my '06 Ram was 7 years old when I replaced it. It wasn't having issues but I figure I was on borrowed time after 5-6 years of usage. Replaced it with another MoPar battery - had a coupon from the dealer.

I have had some odd occurences over the years. A Sears DieHard I had in a Ford Aerostar died when it was exactly 60 months old - yes it was a 60 month battery. And our former '00 T&C Ltd AWD (loaded) seemed to eat batteries. The original battery only lasted 42 months and the replacement was 45 months when it started not having issues. Guess it was from all the electrical crap the van had - power windows, Affinity Stereo, video system, leather power heated seats, etc.