Low air pressure

Chris1276

For the cost, I would just take it to a tire shop. Probably you picked up a nail or something but could also be a bead or valve leak. Here in Lethbridge I have taken tires into Fountain Tire and they have repaired it for free and I did not even buy tires from them. You have a Fountain Tire @ 2922 MILLAR AVENUE, SASKATOON, SK. Don't know how convenient that is for you.

My tire is always getting low air pressure every 6 days. I just have 8000 kms on my journey. Is it cover/included on warranty or should i just bring it to any tire shop for fix?

So, do you add air to get the light off or does it just go off by itself? Have you checked the pressure?

That thing confuses me! Why it has to be 6 days to get low. Its my third time adding air on it. It ussually go as low as 191kpi. Another question, In this level of low pressure is it still drivable from point A to point B to add air on gas station? Could it damage my tire?

It takes 6 days because you have a slow leak somewhere. You need to get the tire checked. 191kpa is equivalent to 27 PSI. I've driven on tires with lower pressure, but not for long. If I were you and I knew it took 6 days for the low pressure light to come on, I'd check it in say, like 3 days, and fill it back up until you can get the tire checked/repaired.

Whether or not you damage the tire driving it underinflated would depend a lot on your driving habits. If you take corners like Mario Andretti, then, yes you could damage the tire. Seems like the easier solution would be to get the car to a tire place as mentioned to find out whats causing the leak and then get it fixed.

Edited by jkeaton

Thanks for input guys! Went to Kal tire which happens nearest to my place. They said tire might picked up nail or something and they repaired it for free. Offered me change oil for $66 including tax which i refuse for now because i still have one free oil change from the dealer! I inquire about using synthetic oil and he said it will easily jump to $100+. Never realized that synthetic is that expensive.

• Official Dodge Support

My tire is always getting low air pressure every 6 days. I just have 8000 kms on my journey. Is it cover/included on warranty or should i just bring it to any tire shop for fix?

Thanks for input guys! Went to Kal tire which happens nearest to my place. They said tire might picked up nail or something and they repaired it for free. Offered me change oil for $66 including tax which i refuse for now because i still have one free oil change from the dealer! I inquire about using synthetic oil and he said it will easily jump to $100+. Never realized that synthetic is that expensive.

Chris1276,

Happy to hear they found the cause of the leak.

If you see the air pressure slowly go down over time, you're likely looking at a nail in tire like jkeaton said or perhaps a leak from the rim.

Using synthetic oil is great but you'll certainly pay more for it as you've found out.

Mr Keaton

You have to remember in Canada the price of Syn oil is double what you pay in the USA because we are Canadians and enjoy paying more for everything

I'm glad I live next to the Border and able to access your deals

As Jkeaton mentioned doing your own oil change is a lot cheaper than having it done at somewhere expensive like Kal Tire. Can Tire every so often will have DIY sales like Mobil1 4.4 L plus 1 litre bonus for around 30 - 33.00, Castrol Syntec as low as 30.00 for 5L, Pennzoil / Quaker synthetic for 28.00. Include your filter and extra litre of oil & your about 50.00 for a synthetic oil change. Also Walmart twice a year will have Valvoline Synpower 5qt. for about 20.00. I also get the flyers from Advance Auto and we are comparable in pricing except they throw in the free filters to make it a sweeter deal.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

It's expensive because your paying someone else to do it. You can buy it for like $30 for 5 quart container and change it yourself. Even $66 for conventional oil is way too much for me. I wont let anyone else change my oil unless I get a coupon for a $20 oil change somewhere.

Even a coupon for a free oil change won't get me to have someone else change my oil. I love doing them and always look forward to it. I always say that no one will love your car like the way you do so I want the job done right with a lot of TLC.

in the U.S. at all the dodge dealers you can buy a 2 yr or (4 oil changes) for about $65. and can get it changed at any dodge or chrysler dealership and they service all makes of cars chevy. ford ,for the same price.my daughter takes her chevy tahoe to our local dodge dealer for oil changes . dont know if they offer that up in canada but worth asking about guess it would be for a higher price but that is still a great deal about 16.25 per oil and filter change of course syn oil is extra

Synthetic is a lot more expensive, but it will also last longer than conventional oil. At least 3 times the service interval. If it costs 2 x more, but you get 3 x more miles, then its actually cheaper in the long run. Plus, it protects better, especially in cold weather when the cold viscosity is higher in conventional oils. Synthetics maintain their cold viscosity much better and give more cold starting protection.

Even a coupon for a free oil change won't get me to have someone else change my oil. I love doing them and always look forward to it. I always say that no one will love your car like the way you do so I want the job done right with a lot of TLC.

I don't often, but I have 6 vehicles, so like I take a break now and then.... ;)

I'm like jkeaton; 5 cars, 3 ATVs, 3 tractors and miscellaneous other engines (generators, log splitters, snow blowers, gas powered pressure washer, etc.). I'd spend the whole spring and fall changing oil if I did them all myself. Some like the truck (diesel; almost 3.5 gallons) can actually be cheaper at the dealership with the coupons I get in the email. I priced it out and it would cost me $77.95 to do it myself (oil at Walmart and MOPAR filter also at Walmart) that's without tax. Not to mention the hassle of hauling around some 20 gallons of waste oil to the recycle center... The last time I had the dealership do it, it was $80.95. My time and aching back are worth the $3.00 more... As the number of "toys" goes up, the "fun" of maintenance on all of them goes down... :lol:

Addendum: I do, however, manage the maintenance on 99% of my "horde"...I just take advantage of the coupons on the DJ and the truck; brings the price right down, even when I use synthetics (for the DJ).

Edited by webslave