Key wont come out_

ugh11

Well I just bought my 2010 and now im scared! I haven't even.made my first payment yet. First I need a engine mount. Now only having it for two weeks by key won't come out.. I have to take it out of park drive it up some more than put back in park. If I don't hear a click noise when I put in park it won't come out! I am now locked into 6 yrs of payments nd problems already. Anyone else have rhis?

The transmission shift lever has a switch integrated into it which sees whether the lever is in the Park position or not. If it does not see the lever in Park, the key (or FOBIK, as it is called, for Frequency Operated Button Integrated Key)will become locked in the Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) or what we would call the ignition switch in a conventional setup. It may only require a cable adjustment for repair. See below:

8N - Power Systems / Power Locks / TRANSMITTER, Integrated Key FOB/Diagnosis and Testing FOBIK TRAPPED IN WIN

The Fob with Integrated Key (FOBIK) cannot be rotated to the LOCK position, allowing it to be removed from the ignition switch also referred to as the Wireless Ignition Node/WIN. The automatic transmission or transaxle is shifted mechanically through a cable from the gearshift lever mechanism to the transmission or transaxle valve body. A gated park switch is physically located on and integral to the gearshift lever mechanism and is hard wired directly to the WIN. The gated park switch is a simple plunger-like actuated open or closed contact switch that could be considered redundant to the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) except that it monitors the position selected with the gearshift lever, while the TRS monitors the position or gear of the transmission or transaxle that is actually engaged. A damaged or improperly adjusted gearshift cable could result in a different gear being engaged than that which is selected. The WIN uses the gated park switch input to control an internal key lock solenoid, which controls whether the FOBIK can be rotated to the LOCK position. When the gearshift lever is not in the PARK position, the gated park switch is a closed circuit, the key lock solenoid is energized and the FOBIK cannot be rotated to the LOCK position for removal.

CONDITION POSSIBLE CAUSES CORRECTION CANNOT TURN FOBIK TO LOCK POSITION 1. Damaged, binding or improperly adjusted gearshift cable. 1. Inspect and replace or adjust gearshift cable, if required. 2. Damaged or binding gearshift lever mechanism. 2. Inspect and replace or adjust gearshift lever mechanism. 3. No gated park switch input to WIN. 3. Use a diagnostic scan tool with software release version 8.05 or greater to read and confirm no gated park switch input to the WIN. Refer to the appropriate CONDITION that follows. 4. Key lock solenoid (WIN) unresponsive to gated park switch input. 4. Use a diagnostic scan tool with software release version 8.05 or greater to read and confirm gated park switch input to the WIN. Refer to the appropriate CONDITION that follows. NO GATED PARK SWITCH INPUT 1. Open TRS park signal circuit. 1. Repair the open TRS park signal circuit between the gated park switch (gearshift lever mechanism) and the WIN, if required 2. Damaged or ineffective gated park switch. 2. Replace the damaged or ineffective gated park switch (gearshift lever mechanism), if required. KEY LOCK SOLENOID UNRESPONSIVE TO GATED PARK SWITCH INPUT 1. Damaged or ineffective key lock solenoid. 1. Replace the damaged or ineffective key lock solenoid (WIN), if required.