8.4a Uconnect restarting intermittantly

New DJ owner, we just bought our new 2014 DJ SXT, picked it up this past Tuesday. Since then we have had the system restart itself 3 times, meaning the screen goes blank, stereo stops playing and the climate controls turn off, then the system restarts and you get the welcome screen and everything comes back on. My wife said it seems to happen when she is braking or slowing down. May be a loose connection? ....Also you have to use the key fob to unlock the vehicle, the handle buttons have stopped working (this was working the day we picked it up).

Anyone else have this kind of issue? I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Kevin

Edited by migs graffixs

Sorry to hear your experiencing a problem on such a new DJ.

Having said that I would be back at the dealer pronto, I see

you probably do your own wrenching but you paid for new

so use the warranty - besides your dealing with a totally

different beast than a '66 Charger.

• 3 months later...

Ok here we go......so after the dealer reflashed the system, the also did an A/C update as well.......so now the recirc air will not stay on in any mode when the A/C is off.... my wife has allergy's so using recirc elevates some of her symptoms. The black outs and restarts also didnt stop.......so made another appointment.

They (meaning the dealer and the chrysler engineers) decided to change the entire center stack control unit (i think thats what they called it) so we get the vehicle back again, and here we are a week later, black outs are fixed and no restarts.....thats great news, but the A/C is still doing the same thing.

Back to the dealer again, this time they down loaded the programming and reports and sent it to the engineers, here is what we were just told.

This is normal operation so that the windows will not fog over. (paraphrased)

will get the full report tomorrow when we pick the vehicle back up. So if we dont want to breath outside air we MUST run the A/C. thats not they way ANY vehicle i have owned works and 2013 dart doesnt work that way either!

Does anyone else's systems work this way? I swear ours didnt till they did the update.