Factory Battery

Garry Kline

Does anyone know the factory life of the 2014 Dodge Journey battery? Is it 3 years, 5 years 7 years?

I bought this car used and didn't realize the battery is hidden. I'm now starting to read about battery issues. I'm hoping this purchase wont turn into a big mistake. The battery is on the drivers side behind the front wheel well.

the book says one hour to replace. You can not see the battery at all. Usually the battery states...24 month, 36 month.....60 month...72 month life. And the owners manual does not show it in the specification area. When should I start worrying.

Edited by Garry Kline

Typical lifespan for a Mopar battery is 7 years. The battery in my Special started to show EOL signs right around 7 years old. I've replaced it a few times with A/M batteries and just got used to having to remove the air intake and front passenger wheel to gain access. My Charger was 7 years old with the original battery when I traded it, and in spite of numerous drainings from my pocket hitting the trunk button as I went somewhere in my Special, or the dieing ignition switch keeping my accessories on, it was still going strong.

I won't even be thinking of my Journey's battery until 2021, if I even still have the car.

my 2011 went out after 2.5 yrs. i have never had much luck with factory batteries most only last about 3 yrs. and i not in extreme heat during the summer and only 1-2 months of cold during the winter ... good luck i doubt you will get more than 4 yrs.

Welcome to the forum. I bought a 2014 new, and I am not too concerned about battery life at this time. Some day in the future, I will go out and try and start it. If it doesn't start, I'll charge it and then go buy a new one. All this is based upon the fact if I still own the car when the battery takes a dump.

Edited by dhh3

Really though. The battery is not that hard to get to should you need to. We had the original battery in our 09 when we traded it in last year. I just replaced the battery in my truck. It was a 3 year battery and had a date of 2008 on it, so that Walmart 3 year battery lasted almost 6 years. You should not be so concerned as to question the purchase.

Edited by jkeaton

• 2 weeks later...

Really though. The battery is not that hard to get to should you need to. We had the original battery in our 09 when we traded it in last year. I just replaced the battery in my truck. It was a 3 year battery and had a date of 2008 on it, so that Walmart 3 year battery lasted almost 6 years. You should not be so concerned as to question the purchase.

Don't be ridiculous... with the battery in the wheel well it will likely cost thousands to replace. Add to that the fact that the car is less than a year old and you have a recipe for disaster. I think that the OP should try and trade it in on something else as soon as humanly possible. And DEFINITELY check to make sure the battery is easily reached.

Don't be ridiculous... with the battery in the wheel well it will likely cost thousands to replace. Add to that the fact that the car is less than a year old and you have a recipe for disaster. I think that the OP should try and trade it in on something else as soon as humanly possible. And DEFINITELY check to make sure the battery is easily reached.

:hysterical::mademyday:

Does anyone know the factory life of the 2014 Dodge Journey battery? Is it 3 years, 5 years 7 years?

I bought this car used and didn't realize the battery is hidden. I'm now starting to read about battery issues. I'm hoping this purchase wont turn into a big mistake.

If a one hit wonder sticks their head out of the hole, does it mean we get 6 more weeks of winter?