TPMS error message

hockey_puck

Here's something I ran into yesterday for all you to file in your brain matter. One learns something every day!

Time to change over to the 3 season tires from the winter tires. Felt lazy so got the dealer to do it. As usual, expect the computer to recognize the different different set of TPMS sensors after a few km's of driving. Interestingly just before I saw the pressure numbers change on the EVIC, I got a "service TPMS" message on the Evic. THEN the numbers changed to reflect the different pressure i run in the Kumho's. That little light flashed on the dash and even after stopping and shopped, the message was there on restart. Ok. I figured that I'd have to return to dealer to get reset. No big deal. Then.... This morning I notices the error message "poof" gone. All is normal. I never realized the system EVIC could reset itself.

And it is such a nice day out there too.

Gone Mountainbiking!

H.P.

can someone tell me if the 2015 dodge journey have tpms

Yes. You can access the tire pressure information on the Digital Cluster Display which gives you other performance information(miles per hour, fuel usage, mileage etc.).

Check your owners manual which explains all the features and maintenance schedules. I read the manual before we bought our Journey. Saves a lot of headaches and pain.

Edited by rolly

can someone tell me if the 2015 dodge journey have tpms

All passenger vehicles sold in the USA are required to have some form of TPMS (how it is implemented is up to the manufacturer.) Starting in May 2016 (and phased in to 100% by May 2018), all new vehicles sold in the USA will be required to have backup cameras as well.

Thank you, NHTSA, for increasing the cost of my vehicles while doing very little to address the most troubling cause (and easiest to fix) of vehicular injuries and death (drunk driving). Put a breathalyzer in every new car (and find a way to hide it so it doesn't look terrible) and drunk driving is gone forever (once the older vehicles phase out). And it's perfectly legal - I know Maryland puts a condition in the driver's license that by driving with a state license, you have already consented to sobriety checks.