Tires

Brianna

By 'aggressive' do you mean 'performance'?

The more performance oriented a tire is, the worse it will be in the winter because soft tire compounds turn rock hard when the temps fall below 0 Fahrenheit.

I'm in Quebec and we have a tire law here, so when I bought the current Journey I had the dealer include a set of steel wheels with snow tires mounted (I didn't bother with TPS sensors). I swap them out myself in my garage and the simple fact is that over time it will have cost me less than leaving my all weather tires on would have (notwithstanding that it would be illegal here) because my snow tires extend the life of my summer ones.

There IS a new class of 'all weather' tires which are properly snow rated and are intended for all season use - you might want to focus on those if you really want to run a single set of tires year-round. Search 'tires all weather' on Google as a starting point.

Why would you want to? The only advantage of an LT tire is more load rating so you can haul heavy loads, like in a truck. Kinda a waste of money on a crossover CUV. More expensive, harder compound, more noise, rougher ride. But, sure you can do that if you want.

Edit: You do not have to go to an LT tire to get a more agressive tread. Plenty of agressive tread "P" rated tires.

Edited by jkeaton

Look up your friendly Canadian tire website and start searching. There are some out there. If you can't find what you like, go for LT. Just realize it might make the vehicle feel different.

Edited by jkeaton

Again, if you are looking for a four season tire that works well in snow just buy one of those, rather than a summer-rated LT tire. They are classified as 'All Weather', as opposed to 'all season'.

But keep in mind that ANY tire you buy that is intended to be used everywhere is itself a compromise, and if you live in an area that gets a lot of cold snowy weather (and you do), then you are probably better off buying a 3 season ('All-Season') or a summer rated tire for the non-winter months and a proper winter tire for the cold months when snow is on the ground - and if you put them on a spare set of steel wheels you can swap them out cheaply - they will pay for themselves over time because of the money you will save from twice-a-year balancing and installation, you will get the mileage of two sets of tires by having two sets of tires and the tire beads won't be stressed either. Your factory alloy wheels will also not be subject to the abuse of salt and grit during the winter months.

I do not have TPMS sensors on my spare wheels, but nothing *really* prevents you from installing a set, since the system is adaptive.

Edited by bramfrank

im live at assiniboia

He doesn't know you live in the middle of nowhere.

Check the dealer in Regina , maybe they can point you

in the right direction.

Wait a minute your in Saskatchewan you probably can see

that far from the highest building. lol