Broke down....

jkeaton

and bought new tires! Got to 40,000 miles on the factory Kuhmo's. Tread was almost to the wear bars, so I figured I'd go ahead and replace them now before snow season gets here. Picked up a set of Falken Pro G4 all season's from discount tire for $112 each.

**WHEW!** When I saw the Topic Headline, I thought you had broken down! Not getting any younger........ :)

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 3:35 PM, hockey_puck said:

**WHEW!** When I saw the Topic Headline, I thought you had broken down! Not getting any younger........ :)

Ha!! That was the plan.

I should own stock in Discount Tire. All my vehicles plus my parents cars have tires purchased there. They are good to me. With these tires, they gave me free replacement certificates since I have been a customer for so long.

Edited by jkeaton

Fooled me too, JK ...thought you were on the side of the road somewhere. Then again, you drive a Journey! :)

I went ahead and bought four new 225/55/19 Kumho Solus KH16's today as well. We had a tire deal going with Mopar TireWorks where you buy three at the regular price and the fourth is $1.00. My cost on these tires is $168.50, so I saved $167.50 on the set with this deal. I was tempted to go up to 235/55/19 and put on Michelin Pilot HX's which I've had on my 300M in 225/55/17 but they're a lot more expensive. The Kumhos are every bit as good overall as the Michelin except in the snow, where the Pilots are outstanding. The Kumhos tend to spin on acceleration rather than bite. But I don't usually have enough snow here to warrant the extra cost. And at 50,000 miles, there is still good tread left on these Kumho's. I'll keep them on for a few more weeks and when the weather really worsens, then I'll change them.