3 Batteries in 3 Years... Many other issues!!

Ok, Ive had my 2012 Dodge Journey since May of 2012, bought it brand new. I have had issues with it since 2013, taken it to the dealership while it was under warranty- they kept it overnight and found nothing wrong with it. I am still having issues and going out of my mind!!! I suspect it's an electrical issue...here's a list of what has been going on:

*I am now on my 3rd Battery, has had to be replaced about once a year after car just stops starting. Most recently I replaced the battery and 1 week later the Journey is back to not starting on it's own, it requires a jump every morning now.

*ABS and Traction Control lights are both lit up on my dash, which in turn has disabled my cruise control.

*USB Error, will detect my iPod and display the songs, but will not play. (Has worked before, just goes through phases where it stops functioning)

*Bluetooth phone connection not working properly. I can call out and it recognizes my phone and loads the phone book, but no one can hear me when I talk. (I can hear the person on the other line, it has functioned in the past.)

*Does not shift properly, RPMs run high and comes close to redlining at 60 MPH (This has only happened once, i pulled over and turned the car off and turned it back on and it stopped)

Of course it is no longer under warranty, which is frustrating because I brought it in while it was under warranty and they treated me like I was crazy and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Any thoughts or insight before I take it back to Belle Tire, where I just had the newest battery put in??!!??

Edited by melissanitz@gmail.com

If your going to keep spending money on it spend it in the right place.

Take it to a competent auto electric shop and have them do a load/current

test to see what is drawing down current when the DJ is supposed to be shut off.

They have had in the past BCMs (body control modules) cause this problem

by staying on after shutting DJ down by looking for fob signals etc.

Were any of the bad batteries tested? Was the alternator tested? Were any tests run on the vehicle to locate current draw while the vehicle was off? Any competent mechanic would do these things. Three "bad" batteries in 3 years can happen, but normally that means something else is going on. Belle Tire is good for tires and nothing else. They hire technicians to replace parts, not mechanics to find and correct problems. Stop going there for battery problems. I only go there for new tires and air-ups (when I don't feel like doing it myself).

Go to the dealer and inquire about software/firmware updates, that may help correct the transmission and BT issues. The iPhone/iPod issue is the fault of Apples update to iOS last year. Uconnect hasn't caught up.

If any of these issues were documented while the warranty was still active, you can fight them if they try to charge you now for the same problems. Bring your paperwork from the previous visits as proof.