What does your window sticker say? What trim level do you have? Do you have the phone buttons on the left side of the steering wheel?

Welcome to the forum. What does your window sticker say? What trim level do you have? Do you have the phone buttons on the left side of the steering wheel? Without detailed info we have to ask a lot of questions.

Edited by jkeaton

You can add the external module, but forgo the "Factory Look": built in microphone in the rearview mirror and steering wheel controls. You will get a stick on microphone and a little panel with the 2 buttons, which you can mount anywhere. At least this is the way it was with the last generation of radios.

I'm reasonably certain that aftermarket Mopar thing only applies to the pre-2011 Mygig radios. But what we do know is that as mentioned you cannot easily retrofit the factory package - you'd be better off trading the vehicle to get the OEM bits in and running.

What I did in my last Journey was to get a Garmin 3490 GPS navigator, which has voice command that is triggered by a spoken phrase and a Bluetooth speakerphone. I put it above the rear view mirror (which made it invisible from outside) because that vehicle did not have the overhead console, leaving lots of room between the mirror and the headliner - and I fished the power cord down the right side pillar, installed a cigarette lighter socket for the traffic receiver to plug in to behind the trim and ran that power leads from the socket to the fuse block behind the glove box - you could probably have a stereo store install it for less than $50 if you aren't handy.

The only drawback to the arrangement I had is that you need to turn down the stereo manually when you want to use the phone or give directions to the navigator - I considered neither to have been a hardship.

The only reason I don't use that setup now is that my current DJ came with Bluetooth as part of the basic package.

Edited by bramfrank

I just bought a 2016 Journey, with a 4.3" screen, can I enable the uconnect, or is it not available?

Go to this site enter your VIN number and it will give you

a printable page(s) of all equipment your DJ was built with

from the factory.

It's found under "equipment listing".

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html?screenName=newVehicle&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%2528%2527R%2527%2529

Edited by bigtsr

I'm reasonably certain that aftermarket Mopar thing only applies to the pre-2011 Mygig radios. But what we do know is that as mentioned you cannot easily retrofit the factory package - you'd be better off trading the vehicle to get the OEM bits in and running.

Now I know! I have been enlightened. Thank you. The external module would only work on the 2009 and 2010 DJ. 2011 on have the new style radios, with the more involved Uconnect, correct?