Uconnect issue and software update

I recently changed cell phones. New phone is a Motorola G 3rd generation. The issue I'm having is not having my phonebook transfer from the phone to the uconnect in the DJ. Radio is the 8.4 unit, no NAV. My Samsung worked flawlessly with it. Is there a compatibility list available somewhere? I've been looking, so far have not found one. I've been searching the uconnect site and the Motorola site and support forum, but so far no joy.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Also, in checking the uconnect site, it appears there might be a software update for my unit. Have to double check the version when I put the usb stick in. Has anyone done an update? Did it fix problems, or create new ones?

Is there a way to force a phonebook update? I haven't found one yet....

I used to be able to find the phone compatibility list at driveuconnect.com, but they changed the web site.

I tried to download to newest version, but it wouldn't let me so I had my Dealer do it. I have no idea what it was supposed to do, and have not noticed any changes.

OK, software update installed. No changes on the surface.... and no changes with my phone.

I've come to a possible conclusion that it is something in my contacts list. I base this on that it does upload a partial phone list.... 8 seemingly random, unconnected names. And, when I connect to SWMBO's vehicle, 09 Dodge Nitro, the SAME random, unconnected names get uploaded to the Uconnect. I've looked at the phone book entries, and can't see any differences in how they are entered.... hopefully I won't have to re-enter all the names (shudder!!) IDK. i guess I will try and contact my cell phone provider, and see if they can offer a solution.